Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert a Standard Macro back to a Standard Workflow

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

I would like to convert a Standard Macro back to a Standard Workflow.  I have removed all the interface items from the macro and changed them to inputs and/or outputs.  I have opened the Workflow Configuration and selected Workflow.  Where there is an option for Type, I have tried to select Standard Workflow, but I am unable to make the change as it is an inactive radio button.  I have saved the file as a YXMD and reopened it, but it is still a Standard Macro.  I have even tried to copy the tools in the workflow and paste them to a new canvas, but it does the same thing.  Any suggestions?

16 REPLIES 16
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @NeilFisk ,

This happens because you have a interface tool somewhere in your workflow. Alteryx automatically identify these tools and transform the workflow to its expected format.

Same happens if you drag a control parameter tool, it will automatically changes its format to batch macro and you won't be able to turn it back to standard.

I suggest you deleting that tool.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @NeilFisk 

Is it possible to share sample workflow with issue.

MichaelSu
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @NeilFisk ,

Once you remove all of the interface tools from the workflow, you should be able to convert your workflow back to a Standard workflow. I just tested on my end and was able to switch it back. 

Just to be safe, you can remove all of the interface tools from the workflow and then copy / paste that workflow to a new canvas and that should definitely do the trick. Please let us know if that works.

Thanks,

Mike

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @NeilFisk ,

This has happened with me before. 

Like @MichaelSu  mentioned one of the quicker ways to do this is to delete all interface elements, and copy past the rest into a new workflow.

Best,

Jagdeesh

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

There are no interface tools on the canvas, and as I noted in my original message, I had even tried copy and paste into a new canvas and that did not work.

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

I can't share the workflow.  The original macro had a control parameter, action, and macro output.  I had changed the control parameter back to an input and removed the macro output.  There are no interface tools on the canvas.

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

There are no interface tools on the canvas.

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

As mentioned in the original post and the subsequent comments, I have already done what you suggested and thus the reason for the original post.  I've done this before and unfortunately, it's not working this time around.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @NeilFisk 

can provide a snapshot of your workflow.

Labels