Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Clear all rows from fields

oneillp111
9 - Comet

I have a data set that houses quarterly running totals.  The final output is below

outputData.png

What I am trying to do, and I have done already in VBA.  I would like to start at the last field and clear all the data up to the first row.  Then move to the second to last column and clear all the data up to the second row, etc.  In the end I get an output like this

OutputDesired.png

I was able to do it with multi-row formula but would have to do multiplt Multirow formulas and there are not always the same number of columns.

Added sample data set

9 REPLIES 9
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @oneillp111 

Can you provide input data in an excel file that will help us develop a solution.

oneillp111
9 - Comet

@atcodedog05 , I thought I had, it is now attached

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @oneillp111 

Here is how you can do it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1634909844366.png

Hope this helps : )

oneillp111
9 - Comet

That was fast, lol. thanks alot!!!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @oneillp111 

Please vote and support our beloved Alteryx Community to win the Best User Group Program 🙂. Because we know it is 😀

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/General-Discussions/Lets-Vote-for-Our-Alteryx-community/td-p/836963 

Cheers and have a nice day!

oneillp111
9 - Comet

@atcodedog05 , I tried this with a larger data set and the output was different.  I tried to figure out what caused it but I could not get to a solution.

NewSampleSet.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @oneillp111 

In your first scenario number to rows = number of columns 11 each hence a perfect triangle. Here its 46 rows and 23 columns hence its breaking. Let me know whats the expected output I can help you out.

oneillp111
9 - Comet

So the output would always be the same.  Same number of rows as columns.  What I originally tried to do was clear everything from the last column except for first row, then the second to last column, clear everything except for the first two rows, etc.

NewDesiredOutput.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @oneillp111 

Please find the updated workflow give this a try.

Hope this helps : )

Labels