Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Choose supplier with the best price for chosen product and option

annaG_01
5 - Atom

Hi I have read topics here and couldn't find answer to my question.

I have several files with products and suppliers. The files contain over 100's combinations of sizes colours types etc. Each supplier has separate file with all product combinations they offer. 

I need to create tool, so it will be easy to find the best supplier for the specific product for example
supplier 1. coat -200$ ( size M, type - winter coat 1, female, faux fur) 
                  coat -210$ ( size L, type - winter coat 1, female, faux fur) 
                  coat -220$ ( size XL, type - winter coat 1, female, faux fur) 
                   coat - 130$ ( size M, type- autumn coat1, female, faux fur ) 

supplier 2. coat -130$ ( size M, type - winter coat 1, female , faux fur ) 
                 coat - 200$ ( size M, type - autumn coat 1, female, polyester ) 

what I need is, when I type
 Query: 
product type: coat 
size : M 
type: winter coat 

I want to get all the suppliers who offer these options and prices for these options. so it will look something like this : 

Result: combination : coat-M-winter coat 
supplier 1 price 130$
supplier 2 price 200$

I  think it's possible with Alteryx, but can't figure out how.

example file:
Screenshot 2019-09-19 at 16.28.48.png
7 REPLIES 7
JordyMicheal
11 - Bolide

Hey @annaG_01 

Can I assume that all the suppliers data is in the same format?

IE Product_type is the header for all of the "winter_coat" variables?

We need some sort of starting point. This isn't hard, but it is really a master data problem.
Can you store all the data in 1 table or sheet together? Or confirm they are all the same then it's not an issue.

Thanks!

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I think you'll want to create an analytical app, this allows you to create the questions you require.

I have done a quick mock up and attached it below:

Workflow.png

annaG_01
5 - Atom

Hey 

JordyMicheal
11 - Bolide

If you can provide a couple samples I can build it for you.

It will be exactly as @JoeS shows above, probably with a batch macro to load all the files.

Does that make sense or would you need more help to build that?

annaG_01
5 - Atom

Hi 

annaG_01
5 - Atom

I would really appreciate the help. I  have just started to work with Alteryx.

I have attached the files.

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I have read in your files you supplied and updated the interface tools to work a little different on those field names.

If you press the wand button this will run it as an app, so give you those options.

Workflow2.png

You'll need to complete the workflow to give you the output that you want as I am a little unsure on that part

Labels