Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cannot drop Netezza table

Sanny651
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to have Alteryx drop a table after the workflow is done.  If I run the following code in Aginity, it works fine:

DROP TABLE TEST.TEST.TEST_TABLE

I have tried putting that code in the "Post-SQL", and while the workflow runs without errors, it doesn't actually drop the table.  I am using the same credentials in both software platforms.  I've also tried using the "Connect In-DB" tool and used that as the only SQL, and there too it runs without errors, but fails to actually drop the table. 

Any suggestions?  I feel it's something basic that I'm overlooking, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Thank you in advance!

15 REPLIES 15
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Sanny651

Which DB connection you're using? SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata...?

Sanny651
6 - Meteoroid

Netezza.  I can drop the table in Aginity no problem, so that confirms it's not a credential/permissions issue. 

I gotta believe it's something small that I'm not doing.

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Sorry, I didn't realize you had mentioned that in your topic title.

Your dropping the same table on Aginity? 

It's weird because you said there's no error, although there's also no action, maybe you have the AutoConfigure option off.

Under Options ->User Settings ->Edit User Settings, there is an option in the "Advanced" tab called "Disable Auto Configure".  If you check that off it will prevent your PRESQL or POSTSQL from running, so that maybe the cause of nothing happening.

Check that and let me know, please.

Cheers,

Sanny651
6 - Meteoroid

That box is not checked (it wasn't before).  In case it matters, none of the boxes on the Advanced tab were checked.

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Sanny651 last shot

Try DROP TABLE TSANDBER_001_AR_INVOICE_INSURANCE_DATA;

With no schema at all.

Cheers,

Sanny651
6 - Meteoroid

Stil no joy.

Labels