Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macro Help

StephenBurns
6 - Meteoroid

I am running a batch macro on 15 files to cleanse and stack the data to run through a WF. The files all have the same tab from which the data is coming. When I run the macro and introduce it back into my workflow, I see that 15 iterations of the macro were run; however, when I look over the data, it is only the information from the first file that is repeated 15 times. Does anyone know how I can get it so that the output of the macro is stacking all 15 files and not the first file 15 times?

4 REPLIES 4
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @StephenBurns from the picture of the setup of your macro in your action tool you need to click on File - Value instead of Input Data. Batch_macro.JPG

StephenBurns
6 - Meteoroid

Ok, I have made that update and am receiving the below errors when running the workflow.

StephenBurns_0-1596738620118.png

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @StephenBurns try adjusting the setting of the macro in Interface Designer. Try Auto Configure by Name.

Batch_macro_06082020.JPG

StephenBurns
6 - Meteoroid

HI, thank you for the assistance! It is outputting all 15 iterations now.

Labels