Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analytic App: Links on Interface Not Working for File Paths

Link_Analytics
5 - Atom

Hi Alteryx Community - 

I have an Analytics App that contains a link to a configuration file (Excel) that lives on my local network. It is my understanding that the Interface Links can be pointed to files and/or folders on the local machine or a mapped network drive, however I cannot seem to get mine to work. When I preview the app and click on the link, nothing happens. I would expect the linked file/folder to open in Excel/file browser.

Can anyone confirm that the Interface Links can indeed be pointed to files and/or folders on the local machine or a mapped network drive? If so, what am I doing wrong here?

The path that the link is being pointed to is:

C:\Users\xxxxxx\OneDrive - xxxxxx\Documents\Projects\JV Partners Intake\JV Partners Master List.xlsx

I have this Analytic App saved to my local machine; the link does not work in preview mode or when the app is run directly from a file browser.

Thank you for your assistance!

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Link_Analytics ,

Unfortunately, the link to a file option only works on the Gallery. If you want to do that on designer, the only option I know is using the hyperlink to a help page.

fmvizcaino_0-1650318858623.png

Not ideal, but you could include a message on the app interface guiding everyone to click on the help button.

fmvizcaino_1-1650318927307.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Link_Analytics
5 - Atom

Thanks, Fernando. I was able to get the links to work via the Help button; that will have to suffice. I appreciate your assistance!

Labels