Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Data Store

aabuhaimed
6 - Meteoroid

Dears , 

I am new to Alteryx and i am trying to know can alteryx store data ? 

can alteryx act as a data source for other BI tools EG Power Bi (Power BI queries alteryx for Data) ? or is it the other way around ( Alteryx pushes the data to Power Bi ) ? 

Also in a Data Warehousing architecture where does Alteryx fit ? 

2 REPLIES 2
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @aabuhaimed 

It's an interesting question. 

Alteryx is not a database in itself, it's a data manipulation tool. It can read data from a whole host of different sources and it can write data out to a host of destinations, which could be files, databases tables, etc. As long as there is somewhere to write the data to, Alteryx is most likely capable of doing it.

Alteryx can be used for ETL/ELT in a Data Warehouse environment, but for that you would typically need to run scheduled jobs, which requires Alteryx Server. 

There's a host of information here on the Community, especially in the Learn->Academy section, so feel free to explore.

aabuhaimed
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you @DavidP . 

I was doing research on wither Alteryx could be a replacement for a Data warehouse but now i understand that they work hand in hand .

So basically i would use Alteryx for the heavy ETL work be it before loading the data into the Data warehouse or after to Data marts / local files .

Again appreciate the help .

Labels