Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx App Date And Listbox Not Saving To Text Input

mfall30
アトム

Totally new to Alteryx, I am trying to develop small interface to query a user for the start and end dates to run a report and a state of origin.  Once the data input-ed, the received data needs to be saved into a text input container.  Everything appears to work but the data isn't being saved.  For the Start and End date, I've also set logic for default value but again doesn't work with or without.

Any insight to what I'm doing wrong?

3件の返信3
Blake
クエーサー

Hi @mfall30 

It looks like you are trying to update the field headers, not the actual data in the cells. The area in red is what you had highlighted before. I highlighted in yellow what you should select to update the data. I think you'd probably also rather use a drop down to select the origin instead of a checkbox since my thought is that you'll only have one origin. I made that change and updated the dropdown to manually set the values (2nd screenshot). 

Blake_1-1611010209391.png

Blake_2-1611010801525.png

See attached and let me know if this is closer to what you're trying to do. 

I would recommend using debug mode in the interface designer to test your apps: https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/debug-workflow 

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mfall30 

There's a couple of things in your app workflow that needs correcting:

1. To show an output when running an app, you have go to the Interface Designer in the View menu, go down to settings and check the box next to the tool you want to display the output for - in this case, the Browse tool.

2. The way your action tools are configured, they will attempt to update the value of the Field Names. What you want is to update the value in each cell.

Have a look at the image below and also the corrected workflow attached.

Perhaps the result shown in the state output is not exactly what you're looking for. Perhaps a bit of extra logic can tidy that up. Have a look at my V2 app also attached.

DavidP_0-1611010809325.png

DavidP_1-1611010918477.png

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mfall30 

In response to your PM, I don't have a database to play with, but I suspect you'll have to build the sql query in the Action tool as shown below. In this case I have to use a single Action tool with 3 incoming connections in order to include start date, end date and state in the same sql statement.

I'm essentially creating the sql statement as a text string with variables, so the use of quotes become a little tricky. I also have to use regex to isolate the correct state and remove the rest of the list.

As I said, I can't verify if, but hopefully you get the idea. Example workflow attached.

DavidP_0-1611096869134.png

ラベル