Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Aleryx 11.0 crashes with no warning

MichalK
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I'm running into an issue with my Alteryx Designer 11.0 closing down with no error message. There is no warning, no error message, no prompt to save my workflows, nothing - it simply shuts down.

Fortunately this does not happen often, but doesn't seem be correlated with any particular action I take. Today it happened as I was using 'Search' bar to look for a macro. It's quite annoying as any unsaved work is lost when this happens.

I'm wondering if anyone else experienced similar issue, and if there are steps I can take to prevent it (except updating to newest version, which unfortunately I cannot enforce)?

Thanks

Michal

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @MichalK,

We did put out several patches to address crashing in 11.0.    You wouldn't need to upgrade to the latest (2018.1)  but if you could try upgrading to 11.7 that would be helpful.

If you aren't able to upgrade, you can try disabling data profiling in  options>  user settings > edit user settings 

2018-05-11_8-53-05.png

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
MichalK
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Jessica, I'll try that.

Labels