Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Add multiple filters to one filter

dberroth
8 - Asteroid

Hello - I know there have been multiple posts regarding this question but I am not having any luck. I am trying to do all these filters in one job. The one filter that is blank is CRM FRISK is null. Everything I'm trying is not working. any direction would be much appreciated.

clipboard_image_1.png

15 REPLIES 15
dberroth
8 - Asteroid

If this helps, The filter is still showing the correct amount of entries, but 400 records are being written to both outputs.

dberroth_0-1571842481472.png

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Set it up more like this

image.png

Without the Union and place the Block until done after the FALSE output of the filter. This should ensure that the first output is complete before the second output tool starts. If you're still getting errors regarding the file is open, you'll have to go a different route, but we'll cross that bridge if this option doesn't work.

dberroth
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so  much. Hopefully soon I'll be able to give back to the community!

dberroth
8 - Asteroid

do you have any links to any documentation where I can learn this type of syntax?

DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@dberroth Here you go! There's a bunch of formulas in there that you can leverage. These formulas can also be used in the formula tool as well. 

Digan
Alteryx
fsarmien
5 - Atom

Did it work for you?

Labels