Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

yxmc encoding broke down after hard reset

Duszko
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

does anyone know how to restore a broken .yxmc file? I've already tried changing its extension to .yxwz but it didn't work. This broken macro is also not available in "Open Autorecovered Files" anymore.

Error description:
I've done a hard reset on my computer with two .yxmc files open at the time. Now I want to come back to those files but get the following error:

Alteryx ErrorAlteryx Error

I've tried to check out what's going on and opened the file in Notepad++. This is what I see instead of normal XML:

Notepad.png

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Duszko 

That file certainly doesn't look like a macro!  Even an encrypted macro still starts with

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
<AlteryxDocument yxmdVer="2020.3">

<EncryptedData>AAAAAB9YfLPE9syhgq8zIqhbZkWH4IOADAeqVqvaLBIBEjpt+o89Cux5KzvStxR7Tg+ztJkpYnSq

Did you look in C:\Users\{username]\AppData\Local\Alteryx\Autosave?  This is the Autosave directory.  The file might be in there even it doesn't show up in the Autorecover list.  The files are called Autosave_xxxxx.yxmc though so you'll have to look at each one.

Dan

Duszko
7 - Meteor

@danilangThank you for your response. I encountered the issue a few hours after breaking the file and, unfortunately, by the time I sought the Autosave folder for the macro, it was no longer available due to other workflows I was managing. Despite this, I managed to recreate the macro manually.

I wanted to express my gratitude for your support. Your input was valuable, and I appreciated your willingness to assist.

Labels