Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

reformatting output to multiple rows and inserting blank rows as needed for import

newsomesm
6 - Meteoroid

I have generated output as shown in the 'before' section of the sample data, and would like to reformat this output if possible to the presentation in the 'after' section of the attached sample data.  The 'after' format is required to import journal entries into our software system. I would like this formatting to apply at the end of my workflow each time it runs. The company number, Adj codes, number of accounts in each Adj, and 'Sum of Amount' will vary in each run.  Is there a way to do this?

Thank you for your help!

5 REPLIES 5
SPetrie
12 - Quasar

I think this will do what you are asking or at least get you started.

I used a batch macro to take the companies one at a time. It splits out the first 3 columns and then just the first row, and adds a blank separator row. 

It also splits out the remaining columns, and sandwiches it between additional separator rows to create the final output.

macro.PNG

output.PNG

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@newsomesm 

an example workflow of another way to build this layout

leiaute.JPG

newsomesm
6 - Meteoroid

thank you SPetrie, this is fantastic!

newsomesm
6 - Meteoroid

thank you Geraldo this works! It's great to have multiple solutions to a problem, thank you for including a sample flow, this makes it easy to implement!

SPetrie
12 - Quasar

I swore I added an example workflow to my response as well but apparently didnt. Sorry about that :)

Labels