Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

input data got truncated

dawnwhf
5 - Atom

I have a workflow to convert text data to excel. But when I use input data tool to pull the text data as field 1, it says The field "field 1" was truncated in record #24, #25, etc.... It looks like the input data got truncated which caused my output data to be missing data. From the screenshot below, you can see there's ... at the very end after WBS. the text file that I pulled using input data tool has data after WBS at the end. however, it got truncated in the input tool. How can I fix it? thanks. 

dawnwhf_0-1646886764145.png

6 REPLIES 6
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

increase your field length.

dawnwhf
5 - Atom

I tried multiple times by adding more zeros to the field length. it didn't work. 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

add 5 more zeros. If you are still seeing the issue look at the data in notepad or something. also try /n as a delimiter.

dawnwhf
5 - Atom

I tied that. still didn't work. I opened the text file in notepad++, and it looks fine in note pad. 

dawnwhf_0-1646888245589.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

is this by any chance a whole slew of records which are not being brought in? like 10-15 lines? what happens when you swap to /n? also are you in 2021.4 or 2021.3? If you are in 2021.4 - downgrade.

dawnwhf
5 - Atom

I'm in 2021.3. I tried deleting the input tool, and re-adding the input tool to pull the text data and that solved the problem. It looks like it's just my Alteryx that was acting up earlier. 

thanks for your help!

Labels