Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how to use contain or match function

NiranjanK1
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

i have used used contain function to match two fields, it is giving "match" for many cases. how to fix it, for below criteria im getting true for both rows.

Field1.   Field2.                                    Match

AIM.      Claims and Investigations.     False

AIM.      AIM Director.                           True

Thanks in Advance,

Niranjan

6 REPLIES 6
apathetichell
19 - Altair

recordid

text to columns split field2 by space

formula tool - new boolean field called match

[field1]=[field2]

summarize tool

group by recordid

max value of match.

join recordid->recordid.

NiranjanK1
8 - Asteroid

@apathetichell Thank you for quick response,

if i use Text to columns for Field2, i will get 10 to 15 columns, how can i compare Field1 data with 10 splited Field2 columns data in one time.

Actually i have to compare Many to Many fields data. how can i achieve data comparison.   kindly help me. 

apathetichell
19 - Altair

forgot to mention - split to rows. its a configuration in your text to column tool.

NiranjanK1
8 - Asteroid

@apathetichell Can you give me any sample workflow comparing fields i have used lookup function its not working. for below secnario only it is matching when separate filed. i have to find if matching field1 data to Field2 i have to update True. 

Field1   Field.   Match

24         T24.    True

24.        word24 True

kindly suggest me 

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Is the logic structure that your match is case sensitive? If so you can go back to contains (which should not be case sensitive- and should differentiate between AIM and claims for example) - if your match is not case senstiive - I'd recommend going back to the drawing board because I do not see a logic structure you can use to match 24 in T24 but not match AIM in claims.

anjelabugarin
5 - Atom

Just adding to @apathetichell's point if match should be case sensitive or not - you may consider using regex match instead for case sensitive use case. Kindly check workflow and output. sample1.PNG

Labels