Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

how to Get Ending Balances from Various Bank accounts Files

PassION_es
9 - Comet

Hi Alteryx Team,

I am looking for a way to generate a summary output with all the bank accounts and their corresponding ENDING balances.

We have two banks with a number of bank accounts (Please refer to the DUMMY inputs) and these two banks have ending balances in different position.  The first bank with pattern in filename (852x-xxxx-xx), has ending balances located on the first line item of the Running balance column.  The other bank with bank accounts' pattern (0000-xxxxxx-xxx) has ending balances located in the 2nd to the last line item (See highlighted in yellow).  For this 2nd bank pattern, I believe we can get by filtering or finding the word "available balance" in the Narrative header.

Can we have these criteria into one batch macro only?  Please assume I have numerous bank accts with these two banks.

The DUMMY output should be same with the attached excel file.

Hopefully, you can help me with this.  Thank you in advance Alteryx Community!

5 REPLIES 5
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@PassION_es 

An workflow example

PassION_es
9 - Comet

hi Geraldo.  I am getting below error.  

PassION_es_0-1685931874100.png

PassION_es
9 - Comet

should it be in a separate batch macro?

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@PassION_es 

edit the macro and change the excel output path or Create a copy of your excel output or change the path or name of the spreadsheet that must have gone in the yxzp package... is your desired output...

PassION_es
9 - Comet

I am getting the same error when I edit the output file to the desired Download folder location:

PassION_es_0-1685935810340.png

In the Select Tool before the output, the generated resulted into one item only (with 000000 bank account number) even if I have saved the same 4 input files mapped in the input location:

PassION_es_1-1685936098785.png

Labels