Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

'dict' object has no attribute 'strip' while testing tableau output tool

ANsuAlex
5 - Atom

Error: Tableau Output (1): 'dict' object has no attribute 'strip'

The tableau connection was made with new data source and credentials .

On running the error occurred.

Please let me know if any more details are required . 

4 REPLIES 4
JessieC
Alteryx
Alteryx

@ANsuAlex - what version of AYX Designer and what version of the Tableau Output Tool are you running? Do you have a screenshot of your configuration? Have you opened a support case? https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Support/bd-p/SupportPage

ANsuAlex
5 - Atom

@JessieC 

Alteryx Designer x64 BETA
Version: 2022.3.50.316 Beta

This is the version I used, can you please guide how to find the version of the tableau output tool.

JessieC
Alteryx
Alteryx

@ANsuAlex - you can hover over the tool icon in the palette to see what version - 

JessieC_0-1667522493472.png

Since you're on a BETA version of AYX, I would submit your feedback directly to the Product team - https://pilotprogram.alteryx.com/ - They are also currently accepting feedback for Tableau 1.2 BETA.

KrunalLathiya
5 - Atom

The error message 'dict' object has no attribute 'strip' in the context of testing a Tableau output tool suggests that your code is attempting to use the strip method on a dictionary object. The strip method is typically used to remove whitespace from the beginning and end of a string, so it's not applicable to dictionary objects. This error can arise in various scenarios, particularly in data processing or transformation tasks. Here's how to address it:

1. Identify the Erroneous Code: Locate the part of your code where this error is occurring. The error message should give you a line number or some context. Look for a .strip() method call.

2. Check the Data Type: Ensure that the variable you are calling .strip() on is indeed a string. If it's supposed to be a string but is coming through as a dictionary, there may be an issue with how your data is being formatted or parsed earlier in your code.

Labels