Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

delete all browses

s_graham
6 - Meteoroid

It would be great if functionality to delete all browses could be added. when building workflows I am often using many browses all over to understand the full population of data and how it is impacted by transformations. however once it is built i would love to be able to delete all of these so that it speeds up the workflow and reduces the cache needs. 

4 REPLIES 4
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

There is not a delete all browses that I am aware of, but there is a “disable all browse tools” option in the runtime tab of the workflow configuration! At least this will help with runtime, and will also have the benefit of not having to replace all of the Browse tools if needed :)

martinding
13 - Pulsar

Hi @s_graham,

You can disable all browse tools like this:

martinding_0-1680733407324.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@s_graham 
I am sorry but it seems not work for your purpose.
There is a function "Find and Replace"

We can search for "Browse" then all the Browse Tools can be highlighed, then right click to delete.

SPetrie
12 - Quasar

This is kind of a nuclear option, but it does what you want. Ill go ahead and say I havent rigorously tested this, but it seems to work so far so use at your own risk.

Work flows are xml, so we can use a macro to open the workbook and look through the xml for browse tools.

Remove the nodes associated with the browse tools and then resave.

SPetrie_0-1680754499563.png

SPetrie_1-1680754556804.png

SPetrie_2-1680754696020.png

End result

SPetrie_3-1680754736314.png

Labels