Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

create new month year label for every n records

btwood
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All, I'm trying to create a new month year in a new field for every n rows/records.  I don't know if it requires the count function or something else.  I'm trying to do this for every 1,349 rows/records starting with March 2022 and for every month thereafter for 2022.  Any ideas?  Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
dougperez
12 - Quasar

Hello @btwood can you provide a sample dataset? I didn't understand your problem

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@btwood 
If I understand your intention correctly.
And I used 2 rather than every 1349 rows just for example.

0315-btwood-01.PNG0315-btwood-02.PNG

btwood
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Doug,  I've attached a 'test' file.  The first tab in Excel is the test data with Company_Name and Random fields and I'm looking to add the blue indicated New_Count_Field and Month_Year fields on that tab.  The 2nd tab shows some partially solved data in the new fields as example.  I'm trying to add a count of 1,349 in the New_Count_Field (from 1 to 1,349 rows) and label the group a new month each time.  Hope this helps?

dougperez
12 - Quasar

Hello!

See the workflow attached

dougperez
12 - Quasar

I was interested by the @Qiu answer and applicatted to your data, see that the @Qiu solution is automated!

btwood
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you Doug and Qui!  Both are great solutions.  I ended up using Qui's solution as this will carry over to next year without a 10 or 12 in number of months requirement in 'Tile'.

btwood
6 - Meteoroid

@Qui - How do I make the SurveyGroup starting at 1 vs. 0 when I make the FLOOR equal to 1,349 (vs. 2)?  Thanks

btwood_0-1647348669765.png

dougperez
12 - Quasar

Download "my version" of the @Qiu solution, this do what you want

I put 1350 on it to "respect" the lines

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@btwood 
maybe just add 1 at the end of the line? 😊

If you find hte solution from me and @dougperez  are helpful, we would appreciate that you mark them as acceptable.
In this way, other person can also find it helpful.

Labels