Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

convert string back to a date

MikeFrancis1959
8 - Asteroid

I have a file that I need help on. I have a workflow that will remove the letters "ETA" from a column that is originally showing "ETA 06/30" or whatever date is in that column The formula that does this is the column called "Commit Date". But what I need help on is to convert that string a date.
Original format: column "Commit Date" formula will strip off "ETA" from column "2nd GI" if cell is like "ETA 06/30" and it leaves it as 06/30 but it is not a date. Other data is "Commit Date" is already a date because there was not "ETA" in the cell.
I am trying to get a formula to change the 06/30 to a date so another formula in the workflow will look at a date and then just show a month# like 6,8, etc.. any suggestions?
Mike

8 REPLIES 8
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@MikeFrancis1959 Can you provide some sample data and expected output? The SO_current and Rev_Type files were not uploaded properly in the zip file

MikeFrancis1959
8 - Asteroid

MikeFrancis1959_0-1686578247277.png

I attached the workflow and I included a snapshot. Currently the commit date will show 06/30 but the next formula I have in the workflow looks at the date and produces the month# that I use in another formula in the workflow. I have tried a few ways to make the string a date did not work.

Mike 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@MikeFrancis1959 The two input files are not loading for me but I am able to create formula based on your screen shot

binuacs_0-1686579108843.png

Also, you mentioned you have other values which are in proper format, in that case, you need to adjust the formula with some IF condition. Can you provide a sample file with both the dates included?

MikeFrancis1959
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for your help!

Mike

MikeFrancis1959
8 - Asteroid

Here are the 2 files.

Mike

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@MikeFrancis1959 Updated your workflow and attached

binuacs_0-1686644199923.png

MikeFrancis1959
8 - Asteroid

This works perfectly!

MikeFrancis1959
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much for your help, I will study the formulas so I can alleviate having so many!

Labels