Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

compare rows and create labels

hamzam
8 - Asteroid

Hi!

I am looking to build a workflow with:

1. If the 'Speed' column has 4 consecutive 0's and the difference between the first 0 and last 0 is at least 3 minutes

a. then create a group containing records from the start index to the end index (before the first 0).

b. delete those rows that have speed = 0 above, and point the new start index to the next row after this deletion

I have the following python code, but I am having trouble vectorizing it -- since the data is 1Million+ rows, it is taking too long to run. I am wondering if there is a better way to do this; I tried this using the multi-row formula in alteryx but was having issues with that. I appreciate your help.

import tqdm
start_idx = 0
shift = 0
df['Group'] = np.nan

for idx in tqdm.tqdm(df.index):
    if df['Group'][idx] == 0 and df['Group'][idx+1] == 0 and df['Group'][idx + 2] == 0:
        if df['timediff'][idx] + df['timediff'][idx+1] + df['timediff'][idx+2] >= 3:
            df['Group'][start_idx:idx-1] = shift
            shift+=1
            start_idx = idx + 3
            df.drop([idx, idx +1, idx+2])

Sample dataset attached

12 REPLIES 12
ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

@hamzam ,

How is this looking, better you think?

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

@hamzam ,

did you manage to have a look?

hamzam
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ImadZidan ,

for some reason, alteryx did not email me a notification. 

This is awesome! Great, clean logic. Looks like it does what we wanted it to.

Thank you!!

Labels