Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

additional modification

ryanzhang487
8 - Asteroid

For this part, is there a way to optimize it?

Screenshot 2023-02-07 150746.png

1, for example, in real situation the step names are not simply going in sequence like C1, C2, C3, it will be like CL1/1(step 1), CTSD12(step 2), CDD (step 3), so taking the last number and add 1 does not work, it will have to link to the standard table to find out what next step is before joining

2, if start step = finish step =  last step, then the start step will auto adjust one step back, (in the workflow you created if "W3" then "W2" because we know W3 is the last step), but in real situation we don't know if start step is the last step, the way to know this is to link to the standard table when the below row's accumulative time = 0

I hope that make sense and thank you again

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@ryanzhang487 Can you explain how you are colculating the efficiency for John on October? I mean how you are deriving 3/3, 3/4 and the whole devided by 2 etc?

binuacs_0-1675805344722.png

ryanzhang487
8 - Asteroid

hi,

we use that to compare to the standard table, if start and end are the same step, and will auto adjust the end step to the next step

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @ryanzhang487 

I have few questions while tweaking the workflow.

1. How to handle Step Start = Step finish

i.e which one needs to be handled

For example, do I need to modify in such a way that, Step start is moved back to previous step

or

Step finish needs to be moved to 1 step ahead

I have a problem if I need to move one step ahead of Step finish, where it might move more than the last step.

2. Also do you want to handle the situation of C4 comes into picture.

Or can we delete those steps?

If it needs too be handled, please give more overview on which step needs to be rolled back.

Thanks in advance.

I see you have added a lookup table, that looks very good, 

I have converted the steps to standard format which will always help in translation.

ShankerV_0-1675806606219.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

ryanzhang487
8 - Asteroid

two special case:

1, if start step =  end step, then end step move one step forward (example, if start C1 end C1, then should be adjusted to start C1 end C2) 

2, if start step = end step = last step, then start step move one step backward (example, if says C5 is last step, start C5 end C5 should be adjusted to start C4 end C5)

Thank you!

Labels