Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

adding image based on logic to report

Dave_Mosk
7 - Meteor

I have a report with a field called direction. The values are "up", "down", "neutral".  I have three images, arrow up, arrow down, flat line.  I would like to have my report export to have an additional filed that adds the arrow image based on the value in the direction field.

Attached is dummy data, images, and also the result I am looking for.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It looks like you've got all the right parts, so here's a little guidance to put it all together.

Start by using 3 Image tools to bring those images into the workflow (they become layout fields). Once those are in the workflow, Join those fields to the data according to the direction value. In the attached workflow I applied an [ImageName] field to aid in this process. After that, those image fields can be used in the table tool like any other data field. The render to Excel shows it worked as expected., The only suggestion I might make is to edit the images to be a little more consistent in size which will help with positioning and formatting.

20230303-ReportTableImages1.PNG

20230303-ReportTableImages2.PNG

Check out the attached workflow and let us know if you have any questions.

Dave_Mosk
7 - Meteor

AWESOME!

Thanks!

Labels