Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Yahoo- Web Scraping for Stock Prices

rrafferty2
8 - Asteroid

Is there a way to extract or retrieve historical stock prices and dividends from Yahoo for the S&P, and of course, Alteryx share prices.  I looked in community and saw lots of discussion, but nothing that directly solves a direct pull or web scrape.

I have found that stock prices and financial data are a rich source of sample data for exploring Alteryx workflows.

Thanks

Robb

rrafferty2_0-1588102828617.png

11 REPLIES 11
SaadSaleem
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I tried to run the workflow but faced the following error. Any solution for this?

SaadSaleem_0-1599495290162.png

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@SaadSaleem , you have to install the yfinance python package. Open up an instance of Alteryx in admin mode and drop a python tool onto the canvas, then run the following in python:

# List all non-standard packages to be imported by your 
# script here (only missing packages will be installed)
from ayx import Package
Package.installPackages(['yfinance'])

then you can close that instance of alteryx and run the existing workflow as normal. 

Labels