Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Writing SQL queries in Alteryx Designer

vishal9031
5 - Atom

I have a workflow in Alteryx Designer and now I want some of the logic to get replaced by SQL queries instead of any alteryx tool. Can someone help me with this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
DenisZ
11 - Bolide

I would maybe take a look at some documentation such as: 

Alteryx for SQL | Alteryx

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @vishal9031 

If you want to go deep, i recommend the official material on the attached pdf.

But i understand that if you already know SQL, these are some of the important things:

a)The syntax of the queries that you gonna pass using the in db components or the data input tool will be the same that you use inside your database.

b)The In db components like the filter (image 2) are just adaptations of SQL queries (filter = where). So if you are a SQL user already and dont see any value on it, you can just paste the full query inside the in db component/data input tool.

c)You can connect to the database using the normal data input (image 1) or the in db component (image 2). The main difference is that on image 1, the data that you query will be extracted imediatelly from the database, the image 2 will extract data from the db just after the Data Stream Out component. 

Felipe_Ribeir0_1-1667294821128.png

Labels