Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow path depending on User's Input

Carrot_WinWin
7 - Meteor

Hi Team, 

I'm currently using the drop down tool for user to choose the column they want to process. And I want to enable the [None] option for user. but I found it would be very hard to deal with the following workflow if the user choose [None]. 

Is there any way I can realize the logic like "if the user choose a column from the dropdown tool, then process this column into the following steps, but if the user choose [None] from dropdown tool, then enter into another path"?

1 REPLY 1
bgreedy
7 - Meteor

You could use control containers to disable/enable parts of the workflow depending on a condition, hopefully the workflow attached helps :)Capture.PNG

I did try initially to hook-up some action tools to the containers directly, but alteryx was having trouble recognizing when none was selected. 

Labels