Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow/App Version Degrade

atulggrwl2
7 - Meteor

I have created one Alteryx app in the 2019.4 version and share it with my friend but that friend is having 2019.2 version installed. Is there any way I can export my workflow in the downgrade version?

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

More or less, yes. 

The .yxwz file is a text file which can be edited. Open the file in a text editor program and you'll see the version number in the first few lines. Change that value to one that works for your scenario (if you see a "2019.4", change that to "2019.2"). I would also suggest saving this as a different file name to preserve the original. Either you can make this change and send the file, or tell your friend to do this when they're ready to open the file. 

Be careful: as features change between version, there's no guarantee this will work in the exact same way. That being said, most tool configurations are similar between versions and this usually does the trick.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@atulggrwl2 , extract the package and open the .yxmd file in a notepad replace current yxmdVer with the version your friend is using. This will help to run the workflow in downgraded version.

Thanks.

grazitti_sapna_0-1592208443403.png

Sapna Gupta
atulggrwl2
7 - Meteor

its working

harumn
5 - Atom

Hi Charlie,

I followed your comment below to downgrade my alteryx app from Designer version 2020.4.5.12471 to 2020.1.5.25447.
When I updated the text file, it seemingly 'corrupted' where I can no longer edit the alteryx app to see the workflow.

I then tried to change it back to the original text format and that didn't seem to undo it.

1) How can I fix my current alteryx app so that it at least opens in my current version?
2) How can I save the alteryx app into the downgraded version in an easy way? I seemingly need to do this for all my workflows so that it can be published on our server since our server is using the older version. 

Labels