Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

What steps needs to be followed to convert Batch macro to standard macro?

AsmiDesai
9 - Comet

When I simply try converting I get more rows as output in Standard, I read that batch macro unions all output of each batch. Is there anything I am missing here? That needs to be performed to handle that group by from batch macro.

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You also need to group by your records in the macro configuration. A common set up is to use the Summarize Tool to to get your unique groups which feeds into the anchor with an upside down question mark. Your main data flows into the other anchor. And then you match your group in the Batch Macro Configuration, which you can think of like a join that processes records one batch at a time.

If it's still troubling you, feel free to send your macro with some dummy data and we (the community) can help set it up.

AsmiDesai
9 - Comet

Thank you @PhilipMannering 

I was trying to implement it in matillion, before reading your reply I was only iterating data for unique items.  Now I passing only set of uniquely summarized rows and I am getting desired output. 

Labels