Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

WORKDAY Formula

AL_Teryx
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

Trying to obtain from a starting date plus a number of days, a return date which also also excludes weekends. I would achieve this through the workday formula as follows =WORKDAY(G25,"15")  G25=given start date (1/1/20222). Would appreciate your help in trying to achieve this in Alteryx.

8 REPLIES 8
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@AL_Teryx One way of doing this

binuacs_0-1675204103422.png

AL_Teryx
6 - Meteoroid

This is great! However, any chance there is a formular that would just provide me the date it would count the final date after 15 working days for each row?  Pls see attached.  

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@AL_Teryx Attaching the updated workflow

binuacs_0-1675239405801.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@AL_Teryx @Please ignore the above solution, I just noticed that something is not correct, I will get back to you with the correct solution

AL_Teryx
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for taking your time to help. Looking forward to see the work flow. 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@AL_Teryx I foud the below macro by @apoorba which is working based on the Excel workday formula

binuacs_0-1675290452721.png

AL_Teryx
6 - Meteoroid

Unfortunately I get this message: 
This workflow was created by a more recent version of Alteryx, and may contain tools or functionality not present in this version. Alteryx does not support using an earlier version of Alteryx to open a workflow created with a newer version. For best results, download the latest version of Alteryx.

Any chance it can be shared so it is compatible with version 2020.4.7.07392?

AL_Teryx
6 - Meteoroid

Was able to use the logic by  @apoorba

For days, just enter the number of days you want to move forward eg:15 days. Will continue testing it but i think that will be the engine to my workflow of workdays, might evolve it to take holidays into account but the foundation from apoorba's workflow seems to work.

Nonetheless, any easier way to implement the WORKDAY formula or for Altery to add it, it would be great!

Labels