Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Version 2021.1 running much slower than 2020.2

elizabeth3pipe
5 - Atom

Hello,

We've encountered an issue after we updated from version 2020.2 to 2021.1 in that some of our key workflows take at least twice as long to run.

We reverted back to 2020.2 and the run times returned to normal, is this a known issue?

If so, is it present in version 2020.4? We really need the updated pandas version in the python tool but the time cost is too great for us to go to 2021.1.

It looks to us that it may be something to do with the run command tool but this may or may not be true as we didn't investigate further after the revert solved the issue.

Best,

Elizabeth

6 REPLIES 6
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@elizabeth3pipe can you forward this in an email to support@alteryx.com 

They will be able to take a look and see if this has larger impact or is isolated to your team. Thank you for letting us know! A support rep will be able to help replicate the issue and see what is happening with your workflows. 

Tony_Castillo
9 - Comet

Was this ever solved? I am seeing a similar slowness issue between v2020.2 and v2021.3

elizabeth3pipe
5 - Atom

Unfortunately no. We were in contact with support for some time but we had to just roll back.

We'll have to come back to this before depreciation.

My current working theory is that it was something to do with run command tools, do you have any in your workflow? 

MartWClimber
9 - Comet

@elizabeth3pipe with the run command tools, you mean like the runner tools form the Crew Macro's.

What I find is that after we've got an upgrade python tools in a Workflow make the Workflow very slow. 

Especially if these python tools are in Macro's

elizabeth3pipe
5 - Atom

I mean the specific run command tool for running command line scripts see below.

We did have some python tools too that did slow down, it seems to be when the new version initialises code. 

elizabeth3pipe
5 - Atom

@MartWClimber if you open a ticket and manage to get this resolved could you share the solution here?

Then I can Mark it as solved properly.

Originally I marked this as solved because it's not considered a forum issue but a support one.

Labels