Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Using an API and OAUTH2

dphipps
6 - Meteoroid

How do you use cURL to move data using Alteryx?  Do you use the Run Command Tool?  I have an API from a vendor and they are using oauth2.  So I have 2 different URLs, one for the authentication and one which has the data I need. They've given me a username and password but no token hence I believe I have to generate a new one each time I want to go get data within the workflow and pass it.   What is the process to get the data?  I know I need to authenticate first right?  And it sounds like that will pass me a one time use token that I need to put into the URL where the data is stored.  I am working with the Text tool and the download tool then I saw information about using cURL.  Thanks in advance for any help getting me started.

14 REPLIES 14
Giantstride
5 - Atom

Please can you show how to this??

Giantstride
5 - Atom

Please I am stuck in implementing this 

"Then you pass the token into a subsequent download tool which calls the reporting endpoint"

I have generated my token, how can I successfully pass the token into a download tool?

token_type = Bearer

acess _token = jksdfisdopfs[d

Some documentary advised to merge the token type and access token together and pass it through another download tool.

Please advise what to do next, if possible a workable workflow will be appreciated.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

new formula tool:

field

Authorization

formula:

"Bearer "+[token]

Download tool - new endpoint. add Authorization to your header.

What is the API you are using?

Huijia
5 - Atom

Hi! I'm working on quite similar workflow as yours, in my case, I've already got the token, however, meeting error in the next step, may i ask if you can kindly send the workflow? Thanks a lot!

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@Huijia - share your error. Share the API you are hitting. 

Labels