Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Using an API and OAUTH2

dphipps
6 - Meteoroid

How do you use cURL to move data using Alteryx?  Do you use the Run Command Tool?  I have an API from a vendor and they are using oauth2.  So I have 2 different URLs, one for the authentication and one which has the data I need. They've given me a username and password but no token hence I believe I have to generate a new one each time I want to go get data within the workflow and pass it.   What is the process to get the data?  I know I need to authenticate first right?  And it sounds like that will pass me a one time use token that I need to put into the URL where the data is stored.  I am working with the Text tool and the download tool then I saw information about using cURL.  Thanks in advance for any help getting me started.

14 REPLIES 14
Giantstride
5 - Atom

Please can you show how to this??

Giantstride
5 - Atom

Please I am stuck in implementing this 

"Then you pass the token into a subsequent download tool which calls the reporting endpoint"

I have generated my token, how can I successfully pass the token into a download tool?

token_type = Bearer

acess _token = jksdfisdopfs[d

Some documentary advised to merge the token type and access token together and pass it through another download tool.

Please advise what to do next, if possible a workable workflow will be appreciated.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

new formula tool:

field

Authorization

formula:

"Bearer "+[token]

Download tool - new endpoint. add Authorization to your header.

What is the API you are using?

Huijia
5 - Atom

Hi! I'm working on quite similar workflow as yours, in my case, I've already got the token, however, meeting error in the next step, may i ask if you can kindly send the workflow? Thanks a lot!

apathetichell
19 - Altair

@Huijia - share your error. Share the API you are hitting. 

Labels