Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using a Blob Input tool as a Macro Input?

laurbecks
5 - Atom

I am currently working on converting a workflow into a macro. In part of this workflow, I have a file upload through the blob tool to be converted into Base64 binary data to be used in a URL for the download tool. Is there a way to use the blob input for the file as a macro input? 

5 REPLIES 5
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Based on how I understand your question, no it's not possible to have a Macro Input act like a Blob Input from my POV - however could you have a Macro Input feeding into a Blob Input?

laurbecks
5 - Atom

How would that work with the file upload? When I upload the file as an input macro and try to connect it to the blob input, the file doesn't connect and it is still asking me to reupload the file in the blob tool. 

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ah, then you don't need the Macro Input at all - just have a File Browse connect directly to the Blob Input and replace the file path with yours! 

Hoping this helps - otherwise I'll need a bit more information for your use case to help further!

laurbecks
5 - Atom

This works perfectly, thank you so much! 

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Happy to help!

Labels