Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to append a new column to identify date of data

leenaparikh
5 - Atom

Our team has a sales file that is published daily.   Sometimes we want to examine changes between two dates.   I can use Alteryx to isolate what is common vs in one file and not the other using the join.  What I want to do for the left outer join is how to add a column to those results to tell anyone reviewing that file that is is from the file from date A.   The right join would be results from the file from date B.   How do I append a column for Left and Right join results to differentiate the date for the respective files in the join?

4 REPLIES 4
flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @leenaparikh 

Could you please upload sample data and output for your want.

leenaparikh
5 - Atom

Sure...File A is from January 15 and File B is from January 23.  I want to combine the two files for Job Type = SPC.   See the output with a new far left column called EXTRACT DATE.      

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

@leenaparikh could you use the formula tool after the right and left join with the desired date you want, and then use a select tool to move it to where you want?

leenaparikh
5 - Atom

thanks for that idea.

Labels