Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Using Column Data for SQL Query in Alteryx Workflow

noopurjain
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have created an Alteryx workflow, and the final output contains multiple columns. I need to use one of these columns as the input for my next “input data” tool. The values in the column I want to use look like this: 308D316002742 and 2016316092722. Normally, I would take all these values and use them in an SQL query, but there are over 150,000 rows.

Additionally, I don't want to perform an exact search. Instead, I want to search using the first 10 characters followed by a % sign, like this: 308D316002%. How can I do this?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @noopurjain, you can just use a Filter tool with the following custom expression:

StartsWith([Data], '308D316002')

Replace [Data] with your own field of course.

noopurjain
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @DataNath ! This solution worked when I had fewer records. However, in this case, I have over 150,000 records to search. I'm not sure if the filter tool can handle that many records. Do you think it would?

DataNath
17 - Castor

@noopurjain the Filter tool can handle 150k records just fine! If you're having issues with the workflow being very slow etc. then there's likely other causes.

Labels