Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Use download tool to download more than 1 file

Denisa_Grecu
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have the following situation:

- I am trying to access a SharePoint files on-premise site via download tool by adding the site URL.

- As we want to automatize completely the workflow, we want to bring in all files so we are able to pick the most recent file.

- I was able to connect with the download tool to one specific file, but not to more - please see my example attached "URL Working Rigid input_test"

- The file naming will be different everyday - containing YYYYMMDD (referring to current date) + time stamp (which can be different)

- I don´t want to hardcode the file name as it can be exported at different times - How can I download all files or see them through another external app within Alteryx so I am able to read the correct file? Anyone ever had this situation?

Please see also the WF where I try to automize the workflow by using the hard coded time stamp: "URL Working Flexible but instable input_test".

Please note the workflows have fake data, but they work on my pc with the real data.

Should be done though Python?

Please note that I tried also to:

1. Open directly using the SharePoint files input tool, but without success.

2.Open the SP site in the following way:

• Open SharePoint in Internet Explorer
  • Under "Library" tab, choose Open in Explorer (this opens the SharePoint site in File Explorer)
  • Copy the location in the address bar once File Explorer opens to my SharePoint repository

This solution is not being accepted due to the fact that our UAT and PROD environments are rebooted several times during the month and we want to avoid redoing each time the previous 3 steps.

4 REPLIES 4
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Denisa_Grecu ,

You can't do that using the download tool, but you can using the correct Sharepoint File Input tool.

You will need to build the first connector to read a list of files from a location:

Bulien

Denisa_Grecu
8 - Asteroid

Hello @mceleavey

I think that a part of your message wasn´t sent. Regarding the SharePoint Files Input tool - this isn´t working, I already discussed with the Alteryx Engineers on this topic and they weren´t able to help me. 

Of course, if the  SharePoint Files Input tool would have worked, this would have been the perfect solution, but it doesn´t, so I have to look for other solutions.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Yeah, I'm not sure why images are not being sent anymore on the site.

Without the SP input tool you can't retrieve a list of fullpaths, so you won't be able to do it.

What is the error you're getting with the SP tool?

Bulien

Denisa_Grecu
8 - Asteroid

Based on  the connection that I add is either error 401 either 403.

Labels