Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Create an Excel Pivot table

karen_rodriguez1
6 - Meteoroid

Good morning,

I want to replicate a pivot table I have in Excel, using Alterix.
Before I start trying, is it possible to create a pivot table like the one in the image?

PivotTable.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@karen_rodriguez1 You definitely can, but don't expect it to look identical, Excel and Alteryx are very different tools. That said you can get pretty close. You'll need some creative data prep to get your data in the correct format, especially with the subtotal rows. One it is in the right structure, the Table tool should then be able to handle all the formatting and row-banding you need to make it look similar.

If you share some sample data with us, I'm sure someone will be able to help you to get it into the right format. Good luck!

karen_rodriguez1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Flinn

Good news. so, I am hopeful, being able to create a similar table would be great.
I was trying with the 'Table' tool, but it only works with the 'Cross tab', a colleague recommended me to use the "Transpose" tool.

In addition, my project includes the following and I would like to know if number 2 and 3 are possible?:

1 Create a similar pivot table.
2 Split the pivot table into others per Manager.
3 Send the tables to each Manager by email.

Attached is a sample of the data in case someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

karen_rodriguez1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @FinnCharlton 

Good news. so, I am hopeful, being able to create a similar table would be great.
I was trying with the 'Table' tool, but it only works with the 'Cross tab', a colleague recommended me to use the "Transpose" tool.

In addition, my project includes the following and I would like to know if number 2 and 3 are possible?:

1 Create a similar pivot table.
2 Split the pivot table into others per Manager.
3 Send the tables to each Manager by email.

Attached is a sample of the data in case someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Labels