Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Uploading multiple Excel sheets to SFTP Server

fborgmann
6 - Meteoroid

Hello everybody, 

I have a workflow that creates 3 csv outputs. My goal is to upload these 3 outputs as one Excel file with 3 different sheets(each output on a seperate sheet) to a SFTP server. I already know how a FTP upload with Alteryx works, I'm just wondering if there is any way to achieve what I described before. 

Help is much appreciated! 

Thank You. 

4 REPLIES 4
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @fborgmann. Yes, it is possible. I built the attached workflow as example, i am looking to a folder with 3 .csv`s, using block until done to one of the another, parse and save each one of these in a different sheet of a .xlsx file. You probably can adapt this workflow to your case.

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1663376449885.png

If the provided answer helped you to solve the problem/was correct, please accept it as a solution :)

Thanks.

fborgmann
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

First off: thanks for your help! 
To be honest I'm quiet new to using Alteryx. I think your WF might be exactly what I need. 
My problem is, I don't really know how to use it in my case. In the attached screenshot you can see the current state of my WF. 
How would i combine these outputs in an xlsx? 

I think once i understand that, the upload should be simple. 

Thanks alot.

wfscreenshot.PNG

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @fborgmann 

The secret in your case is to understand how to use the formula tool to build the output filename + sheetname:

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1663516091760.png

And after that, you can take the filename + sheetname and use it inside your output tool:

Felipe_Ribeir0_1-1663516186645.png

Doing this for each expected sheet (for example Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3...) and using the same filename (for example C:\Users\User_01\Desktop\test\test1.xlsx), you will get your expected result.

Be aware that you cannot write to more than one Sheet at the same exact moment (you will get an error message), so you will need to assure that your workflow will write in each sheet in a different time. In my workflow i did that using the Stop Until Done tool.

If the provided answer helped you to solve the problem/was correct, please accept it as a solution :)

Thanks.

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @fborgmann 

It worked?  

Labels