Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to Disable Multiple Inputs from Analytic App

db89
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have the analytic app ready but not sure how to let the user control how many input files they can choose to perform the task.

For example, Excel file 1, Excel file 2,Excel file 3, Excel file 4, Excel file 5 are the inputs, but there can be scenarios where Excel file 1, Excel file 2,Excel file 3 will be used and not the remaining two or might be just one.

I have used the 'Checkbox' tool from Interface menu to control it with the formula but the app does not block any of the inputs once selected from the app. 

I have attached the yxwz format for reference, any solution on this will be super helpful. 

9 REPLIES 9
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

A few things made this work:

1. In the Interface Designer, I made sure the File Input questions showed underneath the Check Boxes - very important for the selection of the check box to enable the container.
  2. The Action tools connected to the Input Data needed to not be "Required" since we are giving them the option of files to use.
  3. For debugging purposes, I switched the Control Containers to regular Containers - unless you need the Control ones, I recommend regular containers so you can use the Debug in the Test view of Interface Designer.
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Thank you for the like! If this was helpful please make sure to also accept it as a solution so that others can see that it worked too. Thank you in advance!

db89
8 - Asteroid

@alexnajm 
Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it. Would you be able to tell me whenever i am creating following the same approach why it is not functioning the way you have developed it?
I have attached the workflow. 

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I am not sure what non-functioning part you are referring to @db89 - can you clarify?

db89
8 - Asteroid

@alexnajm 
Yes, so when i click the check box the input file box does not show up, but it stays visible while running the app. 

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

In the Layout View of Interface Designer, you can move the Input Data question underneath the Check Box so that it remains hidden unless the Check Box is checked!

db89
8 - Asteroid

hi @alexnajm ,

Hope you are doing well and had a good weekend.

Thanks for the suggestion and that is something i did, but whenever i check and uncheck the checkbox, it does not make the input visible and invisible respectively for weird reason.

This is happening when im rebuilding on my own in a fresh canvas. 

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I am not sure the issue still - the File Browse question needs to be moved underneath the Check Box question in the Layout View.

Not this: Screenshot 2024-02-19 081101.png

This: Screenshot 2024-02-19 081136.png

db89
8 - Asteroid

@alexnajm hey thank you so much! That explains everything now which is why the input remained visible everytime! 

Thanks a ton for all your guidance!!

Labels