Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

[URGENT] Split Excel sheets into different workbook without changing format in each Sheet

Eswaran
Asteroid

Hi All,

I want split Excel sheets in a single workbook in Excel Format into Different Excel sheets with changing the format in the Main Workbook, but Formula will go off(i.e. save as values) in this case. Please see the example input files and output files i want to understand the problem statement.

Please Give me Any suggestion. Any suggestion will  be appreciable.  

Thank you Everyone

4 ANTWORTEN 4

Hi @Eswaran ,

If you just copy the sheet, I would do it with VBA.

But if you need to stick to Alteryx, this post may be helpful.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Saving-Time-With-Advanced-Excel-Outputs/ba-p/991346

Good luck.

binuacs
Arcturus

@Eswaran One way of doing this with the batch macro

binuacs_0-1680009004366.png

Eswaran
Asteroid

@binuacs Thanks for your solution. I am getting what i am expecting in terms of values. But I could not able to get coloring format. See in the image, In input file Coloring format(Like Yellow color, Green color in the cell) was there, But in the output file there is no coloring format. Thing is we need to maintain the same format too. Another one thing is Each Sheet having different color format randomly. Please let me know if there is any possibilities

binuacs
Arcturus

@Eswaran Since the data get overwritten in all sheets the formatting part will get ignored even though the preserve format is checked in the output tool. One option write your output with a specific range, in that case, the data overwrites only that range in that way you can preserve the formatting which is not part of the range. For example, suppose your header records are formatted in that case write your output in the range where the header is excluded.

Also, take a look at the below blog

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/The-Blob-Reporting-That-Isn-t-From-a-Horror-Film/ba-p/...

Beschriftungen