Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

UI Suggestion: Revert Color Scheme to improve UI

alexg1
8 - Asteroid

I commented this on a related topic, but I wanted to put it here for extra visibility:

Functionally, Alteryx Designer is a fantastic piece of software. But the bright default color scheme, particularly after the rollout of 2022, makes it literally painful to use for extended periods of time, although this can be mitigated through changing canvas settings. There are several posts on the discussion forums requesting the inclusion of a Dark Mode. While I assume this is a lower priority for the Designer's developer team, I have a suggestion for a smaller improvement that may satisfy some of us: Change the tool ribbon section of the window back to dark blue.

I would assume this isn't as difficult to implement as a true dark mode, and it might satisfy a good portion of the community requesting dark mode. Combined with users taking advantage of existing features to change the canvas settings to a darker color scheme, this would allow for a useable facsimile of dark mode for users that find the default color scheme painful for their eyes over long periods of time. Darker shades of blue are still used in a lot of the branding and webpages, so it would still match any aesthetic changes made to the company's logo or promotional materials.

It might not be the feature some in the community have requested, but I think it will make a lot of those users happy. Please consider this for future updates, and thank you for your time.

-Alex

2 REPLIES 2
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @alexg1 

Just to contribute about the dark mode idea, this one was accepted some time ago, it will come soon i hope:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Dark-Mode/idc-p/937110#M17021

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @alexg1 

I would recommend liking the post @Felipe_Ribeir0  mentioned and posting in that topic directly.. 

You can also create a new topic idea if needed.

Hope this helps.

Labels