Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Trying to put 2 excel files together

MikeFrancis1959
8 - Asteroid

I wanted to create a graph similar to a speedometer or even a use a reference line to compare sales orders versus forecast but the files were put together in Excel and one looks like it was a pivot but then copy and pasted and that is the way it will always be produced. The other appears to be a extract from our SAP system with a few columns added. I wanted to create one file but trying to figure out a way to combine them together but because the forecast file is so different I wondered the best approach to put them together. I was told it was better to put into one file to do this and I can do an append but just wanted to ask what approach someone else could suggest?

Thanks,

Mike

1 REPLY 1
Clifford_Coon
11 - Bolide

Hi @MikeFrancis1959 

I think I'd use the transpose tool to make the second tab vertical, then apply some filters and/or formulas.

Here's a start.

Annotation 2023-04-18 112245.jpg

Labels