Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Transpose/Cross Tab - Losing data

Brook_G
7 - Meteor

Please disregard, I couldn't figure out how to delete the post.  Right after I posted this I figured out the issue.  🙂

Hi!  I'm hoping someone might be able to give me some ideas to solve an issue I'm having.  I have a workflow with a transpose tool.  On the transpose tool I have a result of 1,984 records.  However, the crosstab that it connects to only shows 178 records, so I am missing over a thousand records.  I need it to show all 1,984 and I can't figure out why it is only showing 178 when it comes to the cross tab.  Any advise?  I have added an attachment to this post to show the key columns, data columns, etc. that I have selected.  

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
19 - Altair

you have 178 distinct values in [EIN]. Add a record id prior to transpose. use that as a key column in both. also - you are set for cross-tab/count values - not crosstab first/last or sum.

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Hi @Brook_G —  If you attach a sample workflow or dummy records, that will be helpful to assist you quickly.

Labels