Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Total of a column within table tool

caneerajdwivedi
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to generate pdfs from render tool. However for a column in the output file i also need sum of the column which i am not able to do. In the attached image i need total of column "Expenditure" on each page of the report. (Workflow attached)
Screenshot.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Two ways to solve this:

1) create a new field called total expentures. Attach. run your table tool.

2) create a dummy row called total - union in - run your table tool.

see attached for how to implement.

Bren_Spill
12 - Quasar

@caneerajdwivedi - there's also a handy tool called Add Totals that you can download as part of the crew macro package here: Chaos Reigns Within: Alteryx CReW Macros

Configuration looks like this:

image.png

caneerajdwivedi
6 - Meteoroid

@Bren_Spill 

Thank you for your quick response. However, I am specifically looking for a solution related to summing columns while using a reporting tool. In a normal scenario, we can perform a sum and union to achieve the solution you've mentioned. My table is grouped by category to generate PDFs, and I need the total for each page according to that grouping.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@caneerajdwivedi - hey - did you look at my workflow? You still need to do the summarize/union/etc...

caneerajdwivedi
6 - Meteoroid

thanks @apathetichell. It is doing fine.:)

Labels