Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Using the SharePoint Tool - Data Connection Manager (DCM) with a Service Account

tbuenaflor
7 - Meteor

Hello! In the SharePoint tool, is it possible to connect using Data Connection Manager using a Service Account?

We are in the process of moving from a shared network to SharePoint so we are updating our workflows with the SharePoint Tool. We've tried using a "Shared Drive" that points to the SharePoint site using a Service Account but kept on getting access errors when trying to output. Switching to using the SharePoint tool with eventually migrating up to Alteryx Server, I can connect with SSO using my sign on credentials but was wondering if I can configure it so it logs in using a Service Account? My thought process is we don't want the connection is we don't want the connection tied a specific "human". When I shared the DCM credentials with another to run on Server, the output had my name as the last modified person. I would have expected the file was last modified by the other user who ran the workflow. 

0 REPLIES 0
Labels