Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Total X months of Data >than X date, by Customer

marcmiller
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all…I've been using Alteryx 2019.3.5.17947 for about a week so I'm fairly new but have used other tools like Tableau.   I've been reading articles for several days trying to find an answer to my dilemma with no luck.  I also looked at several tools including the running total tool and the multi row tool but neither seems to be correct.
Here's my issue - We have a process that requires adding 6 months of order totals after the 'max date' for each customer.  The Data looks like the example below.  There are over 1K customers and 1 M rows.  I've provided an example of what the final output should be.  I think I can figure out how to summarize the results once I figure out how to sum six months of order totals after the max date.  Any help is appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

How about filtering on Order Date >= Max Date and then summing grouped by customer?

marcmiller
6 - Meteoroid

Hi TonyA.  The customer can only receive credit for six months of orders after the max date.

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @marcmiller ,

I added you the two ways to get both of your results:

Sin título.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I realized that after I posted. Just need to add another filter.2020-01-29_11-40-40.png

marcmiller
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks TonyA… that worked!

marcmiller
6 - Meteoroid

Hello @afv2688 … thanks so much for responding.  I found another solution that worked so I haven't had a chance to try your recommendation as yet.  I've been curious about the multi-row formula tool so I'm going to try your recommendation later as well.

Labels