Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tools

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I'm trying to build a logic using Alteryx but wanted some inputs on the tools that can be used. Some contacts are mapped to more than one registration as below. There are cases where two RIA's are mapped to a contact and one being Cambridge. The output should contain only one row where registration is RIA and firm name is Axiom and not Cambridge

Contact id                 Name                 Firm_Name          Registration

1234                         John                   Cambridge            RIA

Axiom                    RIA

Cooper                  BD

Output:

Contact id                 Name                 Firm_Name          Registration

1234                         John                   Axiom                     RIA

6 REPLIES 6
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @aparna0208,

my workflow feels a bit wrong, because everything is "hardcoded" and it isn't dynamic, but it fulfills your request. Please be more precise if you want it to be more dynamic.

grossal_0-1588179505065.png

Output:

grossal_1-1588179514618.png

What happens:

- I use two Multi-Row-Formulas to fill up the columns

- Filter to extract the requested data

Workflow attached. Let me know what you think.

Best

Alex

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

How did you determine that you wanted Axiom and not Cambridge? From the data shown, the choice appears to be arbitrary.

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the quick response! @grossal This worked fine but I am just thinking of a way where nothing is hard coded. The reason that not in all cases the firm name will be Axiom. The situation is a contact will have more than one registration and Cambridge is one of the firm. So, I need to filer out the non Cambridge ones with RIA registration

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Let us know when you have figured out some sort of rule to be implemented. We'll try to do our best to help you 😃

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

How about this? If there is only one RIA for a registrant, that will be returned. If there is more than one RIA, Cambridge will be eliminated. You will get multiple entries if there are two or more RIAs for a registrant and more than one is not Cambridge. You would have to add another filter to catch that.

2020-04-29_12-43-31.png

aparna0208
8 - Asteroid

It worked. I appreciate your help on this. Thank you very much:) @TonyA 

Labels