Announcement | We'll be doing maintenance between 2-3 hours, which may impact your experience. Thanks for your patience as we work on improving the community!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Toggle between two sources

NidhiAg
7 - Meteor

In my macro I have a two input source using Dynamic Input(not macro input) and one macro output. And at any time either of two sources will have rows. I need to take only source which has rows and pass it to single macro output

NidhiAg_0-1621569847545.png

Any suggestion ?

6 REPLIES 6
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @NidhiAg 

You can use union tool for this. To take either of the data to the output anchor. 

atcodedog05_0-1621570239170.png

Hope this helps 🙂

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@NidhiAg 

One thought is to union these two sources then filter out the null rows and columns with Cleansing Tool.

Qiu_0-1621570301592.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Good catch @Qiu 

@NidhiAg If you data sources are having different columns as @Qiu suggested data cleanse tool will be helpful in removing null column (column from the other source). I have updated my workflow on the same.

atcodedog05_0-1621570895234.png

Hope this helps 🙂

NidhiAg
7 - Meteor

The two sources has different schema. SO this solution doesnt work for me

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @NidhiAg 

Did you try the last response where its using the data cleansing tool. It should be able to handle 2 sources with different schema.

Let me know if it works.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@NidhiAg 

Thank you for the accept mark

Labels