Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

The border is not showing well and don't show header on the first page

IeroXavier
5 - Atom

Hey guys! Thank you for opening this space here.

I want to generate a PDF, but I have two problems to solve. Can someone help me?

1. The right border is not showing well. 

2. I need to give 10 blank spaces at the top of each page, for this I created a header, but I don't want it to appear on the first page. However, I am not selecting to show the header on the first page and yet this space still appears on the first page.

I thank the attention.

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

hmmm, I'm not sure I'm picturing the same output that you're looking for. Could you share a simple image showing how you'd like things to layout on the pages? even if it's very crude it would be a big help to get the Community on the same page. 

IeroXavier
5 - Atom

Hello Charlies, thank u for being available to help me.

The border at this moment it's ok, but the white space in the first pager not yet. I don't know how to exclude it from the first page when I add the header.

Print white space.pngRender tool.png

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I figured out the border issue: In your Table #19 tool, you specify fixed widths for each of the field. These widths sum to over 24", while your rendered output is 7.5" wide (8.5" wide paper with 0.5" margin on both sides).
20231026-ReportFormatting.JPG
It seems that the layout/rendering is getting confused trying to fit those widths in the page. When I changes all the widths in the table tool to "automatic" the right border looked good. Specifying widths is important, but I would recommend sticking to percentages or specify widths that sum to 7.5".

I'm also getting that unexpected top space and trying a few things. It's strictly a pdf issue as it doesn't occur when just changing the rendering to docx:
20231026-ReportFormatting2.JPG

sairamchandmendu
5 - Atom

We had a similar requirement and noticed that the right-side border is not displaying correctly in our reports. In our case, the number of columns in each report varies and is not constant, which causes the issue to occur on different pages.

Untitled.jpg

Our solution was to create a table without borders using the default table settings. We then sent the output of this table tool to another table and added borders to the second table tool, which resolved the issue.

Labels