Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Teradata Bulk error in 'Output Data' tool: "Teradata supports 64000 maximum row size"

ornwilson
5 - Atom

I get this error when trying to INSERT, append, etc using the Teradata Bulk method in the Output Data tool. 

20210708_151800-Cortana.png

Teradata supports 64000 maximum row size; your buffer size is 94407

The message is correct in that the row is larger than 64000 characters, but incorrect in that Teradata definitely supports rows >64K and our installation supports this as well.  I have run TPT (Teradata Parallel Transporter) jobs (using a .tpt file) from my computer with this same data set successfully.

I have tried:

• Alteryx Designer 2019.1.4.57073 with Teradata Parallel Transporter Base 16.20.0.17
  • Alteryx Designer 2021.2.1.35394 with Teradata Parallel Transporter Base 17.00.0.12

I have tried specifying the MaxRespSize in the connect string

tdbl:DSN=TERAFRZ2_UTF16;UID=EFBICGNS;PWD=__EncPwd1__;MaxRespSize=16775168

Normally this runs using a Gallery-defined connection, but I have tried creating a local DSN and changing the options in the Teradata ODBC DSN advanced options, but no success.

20210701_131031-Start.png

To clarify: My ultimate goal is to move some data from one Teradata instance to another using Alteryx with dynamic SQL, etc.  This all works fine using Teradata ODBC, but is about 10 times slower than Teradata Bulk (TPT).  I have run the same data transfer manually using a TPT script and it works fine, so I'm pretty sure the fault is not with our Teradata server or with my Teradata Drivers.

Reference links:

0 REPLIES 0
Labels