Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Tabs overlap on Alteryx Designer since 2022 or even earlier

juvillalobos
6 - Meteoroid

I think it's about time this should be fixed by the Alteryx dev team. Before you try to add AI tools, fix the tabs, it's literally the only software I've ever used with this bug. And according to a google search, this has been happening since 2022 or even earlier than that. 

10 REPLIES 10
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This is something I've never experienced before in my 6 years of using Alteryx, so it may be worth a support ticket to see if there's a resolution. Submit a Customer Support Case through Mission Control (alteryx.com)

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This is what should happen!

Tabs overlap.png

juvillalobos
6 - Meteoroid

This happens to every single person who I work with, so I am sure it's not an unique bug. 

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Then I might look at the install to see if there’s something unique there - I am not sure I’ve seen this as a widespread issue but it’s worth submitting to get some answers

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

The only other thing I can suggest is that my colleague said this may happen when your computer is low on memory, so I would look to reduce the number of workflows open / run and that may help. 

juvillalobos
6 - Meteoroid

It seems to me that this is something Alteryx should solve on their side. My laptop has 32GB of RAM and this happens even when the only thing I have open is Alteryx with a few light workflows. 

This can continue to be ignored, or it can be solved. I don't think it should be on the user to be opening tickets for something others are clearly experiencing as well, and that has been an issue brought up on this forum since 2022.

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

The Community is a forum to answer questions about Alteryx - mostly answered by non-Alteryx employees. For direct help on issues Alteryx Designer is having, tickets are the way to go.

juvillalobos
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Alex, I will open a ticket and keep the community updated on the result. 

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Is your company running the application in any sort of custom compatibility mode?

image.png

Labels